To deliver solutions that help doctors, patients, CAM practitioners and companies collaborate in order to deliver more effective and less costly healthcare.
Jill's List manages a network of patients, practitioners and corporate clients focused on health and wellness. We help our users connect with, learn from and help one another. We believe that healthcare should be comprehensive and we provide solutions so that doctors, patients, employees and CAM practitioners can understand and access a broader suite of healthcare and payment options.
Jill's List does not make recommendations. We have created a space where our users can honestly comment on their experiences and share information about their practices and product.
We never share user information with anyone and all patient information is stored securely to protect privacy.
Q&A with Jill Shah-Founder of Jill's List
- Why did you start Jill's List?
- I've been an entrepreneur for a long time, as well as a fan of complementary, alternative and integrative healthcare. The opportunity seemed like a great one: create a place where medicine professionals and patients can collaborate and find one another. When I spoke to people everyone loved it - the doctors, the CAM practitioners and the patients.
- What will Jill's List be in five years?
- We think that it will be the place that patients and professionals go for a vetted, comprehensive directory of integrative healthcare professionals. It will be a cornerstone of the CAM professional's marketing program and an invaluable tool for doctors to coordinate and track patient referrals for CAM. It will also become and invaluable tools for companies to help their employees find good CAM professionals and utilize their flex-spending and health savings accounts to pay for this care with pre-tax dollars.
- What's it like to work at Jill's List?
- It's busy, interesting and full of life. Incredibly smart people work at Jill's List and give it 110% everyday. I am amazed and humbled by what our team can do and has already done!
- How will Jill's List help change healthcare?
- I think that people will change healthcare. We help people by allowing them to connect in a private, secure way and support the process of collaboration between traditional and CAM professionals, while including the patient in the conversation. We also have a terrific resource for employers who want to give better, broader access to a variety of healthcare options and every day we see new ways that employers will use this to help encourage positive change in their employee base.
- What do you do to stay healthy?
- I hug my children every day, and my husband too. I eat well. I exercise. I see multiple CAM professionals to strengthen my immunity and calm my mind. I work hard and I play hard. And, I realize that life is both full of success and failure. I try to enjoy the success and cure the failure and acknowledge it all for what it is - just life. (Sometimes that is easier said than done!)